Not too sweet, not too ordinary, just yummy! I will surely do them again soon!
Recipe from here:
For 10-12 muffins:
- 110 g butter
- 110 g brown sugar
- 110 g flower
- half of tea spoon of baking powder
- half of tea spoon of baking soda
- 1 spoon of cacao
- 2,5 tea spoons of instant coffee (in powder)
- 2 eggs
- 1 spoon of Amaretto
All ingredients should be in room temperature. Flower, baking powder, soda and cacao put together in a bowl.
Whip the butter in the mixer until it becomes fluffy. Add sugar and keep mixing. Add both eggs, one by one, mixing until all ingredients combine. Add coffee and keep mixing.
To that, add all the dry ingredients that you prepared before and steer it with a spoon.
Put the dough into the muffin forms, bake 20-30 min in 180ºC.
The cream on top I did in other way than in the original recipe. I simply created same cream that I do for tiramisu dessert:
- put 4 big spoons of mascarpone into a bowl
- mix it together with 1 egg yellow and some sugar (as per your taste)
- whip one egg white separately, and when it becomes stiff, add it to the rest of the cream, steering delicately