3 Oct 2010

Look after yourself

Two days ago I had a traumatising experience. I was robbed when biking home from the city in the middle of the night. Living for almost two and a half years in Maastricht, that is widely perceived as one of the safest places in the world, I used to make fun of people who would ask me if I am not afraid to bike alone back after dark. I used to make fun of it, because I couldn't imagine what could happen to me.. I'm a fast biker, I can drive over anyone who wants to stop me on my way, that's what I used to say.

Well this post is to tell you all (especially girls) that bad things can happen and they happen fast and unexpected. No matter how fierce you are, better ensure that nothing happens to you. Until you experience it, you cannot imagine a feeling when u are suddenly attacked by a stranger in the night.

So my appeal here today to all of you. If you don't like to ask guys for favors, just take the taxi home.

No comments:

Post a Comment